- 15 to 20 Homestead Italian-style Meatballs
- .75 lbs of gemelli
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz. quartered mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- .5 cups (2 oz.) grated pecorino
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat meatballs according to the recipe directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- While the meatballs and pasta are cooking, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss the mushroom mixture with the pasta, meatballs, spinach, pecorino, and the reserved cooking water. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper